Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bless The Lord (Part 5)


Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.  Psalm 103:5

Correct me if l be wrong, this is part 5 and am glad to be doing this with much happiness.  l always learn from the Word of God each day l read His Word. This is a continuation of the other previous verses I have written in other parts.

This verse is most excellent as it tells me another benefit that the Lord gives to us all, especially since He has given to me much more than l deserve.  When l read His Word, my mouth is satisfied with the GOOD THINGS He has showed me. I pray to Him in thanksgiving and thank Him for ALL He has given me. He satisfieth my mouth with the abundance of life He has allowed me to have, and for that l am very thankful. He satisfieth my mouth with the ability to talk, and sometimes nonstop. He satisfieth my mouth in encouraging others, but not so when things said out of turn can be hurting or damaging. He is not pleased with that, but we are to make mistakes so we can learn from them and grow off them as well. We, then, become better people out of them as well. What we did yesterday, let us not make the mistakes or say today what we did yesterday. In other words, don't let today be your downfall if you decide to do or say today what you foolishly did yesterday. Don't make the mistake in that, as many go back and make the same mistakes day after day and they wonder why their days are not getting better for them. That is why the Lord is not giving to them as much as He used to. Time for some to smarten and wise up instead of being ignorant of the Lord and kowtowing to the devils' ways. 

Best part for me in this part of the verse, "Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things", is that when the Lord satisfies me the best with good things, I see He gave me, and us, a mouth to sing unto Him, to praise Him out loud, to thank Him out loud in prayer, to boast of all His goodness, and to speak of His perfect grace and mercy. He shows and gives to those each day that He allows to live. To give unto Him honour not only in speech, but in thoughts and through quiet times with Him as well, not only in vocal praise, prayer and thanksgiving to Him, but in quiet admiration towards Him. If you were unable to speak, you can praise, thank and glorify the Lord  quietly as well.  You can lift holy hands up to Him revering Him in every way.  Even in your mind, you shout the victory if you have Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour.  You can even run the length of your home or outside on your property if you are really on fire for Him. When l don't know what to say, l do just all what l said.  There is nothing wrong with any of these. Don't let anyone discourage you in praising and serving the Lord. I have run my mobile home the length of it before. I have shouted with a loud voice. I have thanked the Lord quietly.

'Be still and know that I am God', says Psalm 46:10. You can think of many things yourself. I am sure about that. So much we just open our mouths to voice our thankfulness to the Lord God who created us in His glorious image. Are you giving glory and honour and praise to the GOD who created you? Or are you defying Him and ignoring all He has ALLOWED YOU to have? 

Last part of the verse is "... so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's." Another benefit the Lord gives to us. You can check out the eagle and what it is likened to in the Bible.  But, to have my youth renewed like the eagle's is like my older age which l am, is to the youth the Lord gives me because of His salvation as l put my trust in Him as a young boy.  He gives me strength to fly high as the eagle soars, in the way that l get a high off Him when l fully trust in Him for all my needs.  I just let HIM have His way with me. This is a true high for me when I read the Bible, too.  Because nothing can or should give anyone more true joy, more excitement and more energy than when you read His Bible and lean on His promises.  They can renew you, revive you, lift you up, and give you more of a good countenance. MOST OF ALL, KNOWING HIM AS YOUR OWN PERSONAL SAVIOUR, this should renew you in all things and make you look up to the One who is just, righteous, full of goodness and mercy, and grace and truth.  If you don't, you will never have true peace which the Lord can give you.  Contrary, the world's thoughts on peace is to be good, love and accept their philosophies on everything and reject what the Lord teaches in the Bible. Also, the best benefit the Lord can give, and has given anyone, is the free gift of eternal salvation. Do you have this? The Lord is right there and can hear you when you call.  He is seeking you to save you.  Are you seeking Him who is just a call away? 

Read: John 3:16, Romans 10:9-13, 1 John 5:12-13, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 6:37-40 

(c) Mike Carey; November 2011

No comments: